[TYPO3-project-4-3] TYPO3 4.3 status report 27/2008

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Aug 15 08:52:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Only thing I wonder is if choosing a different technique than flash was taken
> into account during planning phase. E.g. by using an java applet (maybe the
> swing filechooser component), it should be possible to implement drag&drop copy
> files from local to server side (and even vice versa with a proper certificate).
>
> It should even be possible to drag&drop copy directories and files within...
>
> There already exists an (admittedly pretty old) extension which suggests this
> idea of file uploading (I'll humbly admitted that I've never tested it...) named
> ameos_dragndropupload.

I use this extension (and not any mass_upload as suggested in my other
post, I just made a big typo :D). It is really cool to work with and is
good but suffers from a few drawbacks:

- does not work on MacOSX (it does crash the browser due to an other
version of the JVM). It was once recompiled or "updated" to work with
MacOSX but it does not work anymore and author did not reply to me

- You have to wait after all files are uploaded to be "post-processed".
Actually it seems it's only splitting of the big POST request and
creation of directories and writing of files within them but with an
upload of more than 10 MB it seems the extension is frozen and whenever
you think that your upload terminated and move to another page, all your
upload stuff are forgotten. Could be enhanced.

- Should be better integrated with file explorer and DAM (not a separate
tab/form)

But it is really a good extension that pleases all editors I'm knowing.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html