[TYPO3-project-4-3] autoloader using SPL

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Aug 4 11:45:25 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Why? We require quite a lot. I don't see why this cannot be the case for
>> SPL.
>
> Actually we require PHP and MySQL. Even ImageMagick is optional.
>
> Why should everyone install SPL? Just for autoloader? I do not think it
> is a good reason.
>
> The more your install, the more memory it takes and the slower you run.

Do you know what SPL is? It's a PHP extension that comes shipped by
default with PHP, just like "gd", "preg" or the various XML extension we
require.

It has a few goodies like the autoloader "service" and iterator classes.
The only point for SPL and autoloading is to use it not to interfere
with any other PHP code that makes use of it. A kind of politeness ;-)

Masi