[TYPO3-performance] DataHandler high memory consumption

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Nov 4 13:23:05 CET 2014

Am 04.11.14 12:26, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi Lukas,
>
> Nice analysis btw.
>
> As I helped writing this code, I can tell you why we cannot do better here.
> :(
>
> The problem here is that you can use conditions for backend TSconfig. That
> means the parsed TSconfig might be different for each page, because:
> 1) The page has the PageTS field filled
> 2) The parent page has a condition for this page
> 3) The userTS has a condition for this page
> 4) The global TS has a condition for this page
> 5) Some condition in all of the above based on any global var
>
> You can also see that the TSconfig might be different for different users
> and groups.
> At least we have static settings only and nothing like stdWrap ;)
>
> Therefore you cannot really cache it or what would you use as a key?

wouldn't it help to cache the pure page-TSconfig, which should be very
static (just conditions which vary the result and end in different
cache-entries), and add the user-TSconfig each time a user accesses the
page?

afterwards you may do additinal caching with the combined TSconfig using
page-uid and user-uid/ group-uid  (and any conditions) as key. maybe
with the option to release an entry after a given time to reduce memory
consumption?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html