[TYPO3-performance] Re: Scaling TYPO3 horizontally

Philipp philippwrann at gmx.at
Tue Jul 23 08:50:54 CEST 2013

We use APC and memcached (i think mostly because of comfort). For Frontend accelleration we use google page speed. Standard Apache/PHP config (PHP 5.3).

Caches are fast enough now but uncached actions and first-page-requests are killers.

Id like to hear something about the boosting of those first-requests, what are the worst performance killers you experienced?
Our Frontpage is pretty massive, carrying many plugins, uncompressed HTML output ~ 1.5Megs. Cached this page serves in about 300ms, thats fast enough for us.

But uncached it can increase to 2-3 seconds, when compiling less +1.5 seconds.