[TYPO3-performance] Performance issues with 4.3 on a complicated page

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jun 16 14:36:21 CEST 2010

Hi all,

> I was wondering if any of you had made a similar experience. If not, can
> you imagine what changes were introduced in 4.3 that could have such an
> impact?

To follow up on this I finally found out that I had been barking up the
wrong tree. The slow down is due to some other change that was
introduced shortly before the upgrade to 4.3, but apparently wasn't
noticed until after the upgrade.

What it boils down to is a custom plugin that performs a complicated
query with several joins on large tables with - in particular - checking
of FE user groups. It's this latter part that completely kills the
process, multiplying by 5 the time spent in t3lib_db. This means a lot
of "LIKE" conditions. I wish we had a more efficient system... now I
have to find some way around it, not sure how...

BTW Steffen, thanks for the hint about using the admin panel. I'm not
used to use it, but it proved really useful, as the information provided
by the profiler was interesting but hard to read and didn't really point
to the real cause of the problem (at least as far as I was able to
interpret it, i.e. probably not very well ;-) ).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter