[TYPO3-Performance] Speedy release

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jul 31 14:28:20 CEST 2008

Hi!

Tim Lochmueller wrote:
> typo3 merge only the inline CSS of extensions
> (config.inlineStyle2TempFile) and the default JS (config.removeDefaultJS).
>
> I remember (Dev Days) that the all-files merge/minifier for CSS and JS
> is on the feature list for T3 4.3:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/4.3_Development
> Front-End handling / Perfomance

The question is: will it be faster or not? Imagine a site with 1000 pages. 50 of them include custom extension with extra JS/CSS in separate files. Is it worth to merge absolutely everything into a single file? I am not saying it is not worth. I only ask.

I usually add data to header for my extensions. I can be very wrong but I feel that 1-2 or two pages having extra JS/CSS is not a too bad thing.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team