[TYPO3-Performance] General questions

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Aug 5 10:28:36 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dan Osipov wrote:
> I completely agree with the point of reducing the number of queries.
>
> I recently worked with Invision Power Board, which is a powerful forum.
> On a typical run it uses about 7-10 queries. I recently stepped through
> a simple tt_news list and logged over 80 queries. This is a HUGE
> problem, not only in tt_news, but in the core as well.

Ah, well, tt_news is a good example :) If you look also to the queries that it makes, you will see that they neither can be optimized, nor indexes can be used. It is always filesort + temporary table. If those queries are split in 3, they would run much faster than that large single query...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team