[Typo3-UG NRW] suggestion: knowledgebase

Michael.Natschke at kisters.de Michael.Natschke at kisters.de
Tue Dec 9 14:12:07 CET 2003

Hi typo3-nrw,
hope this message get through this time

I recently sent an email about building a knowledgebase with typo3.
My background is building up a knowledgebase in form of document
management.
I would like to document an information system (software) which is done by
our company.
Information are available in form of use cases and tutorials. Mainly in pdf
format.

I would like to contribute with my idea.

At this moment there are plugins for
-articles with categories
-file downloads with categories
-sites with keyword
and I would like to combine these elements in one extension to provide
document management.

I am not good in programming, but may be I will start ... anyway

it may be good having
a document management extension that allows entering a small draft (on the
basis of articel extension). The backend user can specify keyword for the
article and can attach a document. The document can be downloaded when the
article is displayed.
The document management extensions allows searching in a free text mode or
by keywords
It would be great having a CODE for this extension that would list all
categories with number of articles available.
And the user could step in an list all articles by category (as the
category extension allows it at this moment)
ideally the article has got a version number and can be integrated into an
approval-workflow.

Benefits:
unique categories for articels and dowloads
articles and downloads with keywords
structured approach to access documents

please let me know how I can progress this and what you think about this.
many thanks in advance.

michael