[TYPO3-install] TYPO3 8.7.3 install issue with OVH hosting

Skiud web at skiud.com
Thu Oct 5 16:54:21 CEST 2017

Hi Marco,

I partially solved the problem but not completely.

It seems to be an issue with the PHP ENGINE on OVH. In your manager,
ensure to select "PHP-CGI" instead "PHP" for the php engine, "Stable"
for the execution environment and "7.1" for the version.

But, with phpcgi, it seems to be impossible to create functionnals
symlinks... You have to copy all typo3 packages directories for your
project. If you change the php engine, the symlinks are working but the
opcache issue reappears... I tried everything (chmod) but i cannot
solved this problem. So, automatic upgrade system is disabled..

However with phpcgi you can deploy the TYPO3 package on version 8.7.
Caution, if you have an error on the database step, you have to specify
['DB']['Connections']['Default']['dbname'] because on OVH we dont have
all privileges for a mysql user so TYPO3 can't select or create the
database. Ensure to remove typo3temp after the changing.

I hope that can help you. If you succeed the operation with the symlinks
thanks for sharing the solution!