[TYPO3-install] Problem installing typo3 on the webserver

Koen Hermans trainerke at live.be
Sat Aug 12 19:56:38 CEST 2017

At first i installed typo3 at my local xampp without any problems.

Next i tried to install the same package to the webserver but then it went wrong...

- I unzipped the package in my wwwroot directory
- I started the setup by calling the index.php file in my browser
- Then the notice came to place a FIRST_INSTALL file in my root directory
===> I created this file as requested in uppercase, with read and write permissions

- refreshing the browser window but nothing changes!
===> I deleted this file and created new ones for lots of times. I even cleaned up my space and unzipped the package again. I tried lots of things but i keep getting stucked. I even placed a copy of my local typo3 online and that worked for a part, even when i needed to make the file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL this worked fine. But i deleted this copy again due to some config problems which were wrong.

Every time i try to install a fresh one on the server it's getting stuck at the FIRST_INSTALL file.

Is there a solution or a workaround so i can install it or what can i do?

Really appreciate it if anyone can give me a solution...

Thanks in advance! (and sorry for my not perfect english)

Grtz, Koen