[TYPO3-install] Version 6.2 installer failed to detect fileinfo

Richard Tomkins richard.tomkins at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 12:49:57 CET 2016

I am using Softaculous to install typo3 at my hosting service. Recently I had an issue with vtiger, it was dependent on fielinfo module being loaded to upload images and recognize mime types. My provider loaded the fileinfo module and things worked.

I tried to install typo3 Version 6.2 using Softaculous and during the typo3 install, the installer complained that fileinfo was not enabled.
This is wrong, I know it is loaded and enabled, vtiger now works and I can run a php script that shows me the fileinfo module is loaded and enabled.

Is there a problem in the V6.2 installer script that would cause it not to correctly know that fileinfo is loaded and enabled?