[TYPO3-install] Which version should I use !?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Dec 23 11:45:30 CET 2016

Hi joujou,

joujou wrote:

> In december 2016, there are 3 branches of Typo3 : 6.2, 7, 8.5.
> Which one should be used !?

The latest stable, e.g. 7.6 LTS or the latest snapshot release (8.5) if
create a bigger site that is going through a longer development periode.

> 6.2 and 7 are indicated as stable and LTS.
> There's lack of info.

6.2 LTS is the old stable.

> Will the support of the 6.2 definitely stop in march 2017 ?

Yes, free support will definitely stop. You need to ask the TYPO3 Inc
whether extended (payed) support is available.

All information are on the download page:
https://typo3.org/download/

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065 – LFCS
TYPO3 CMS Certified Integrator – Certified Developer – Active contributor