[TYPO3-install] Problems with direct www entry to domain

Dean Williams dean at westwalesweb.com
Wed Jan 1 22:13:06 CET 2014

Hi all,

I have done a quick search but found no solutions to my issue, so here is my problem:

After hours of configuring the blank install and getting the template working (via the Working With Templates tutorial) I have managed to get a basic site working, or at least if accessed via direct input to the domain but I am still having a redirect to the welcome to Typo3 pages via the www url.

So in brief:

dancejammusic.co.uk = works fine with no issues
www.dancejammusic.co.uk = redirects to getting started pages.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to stop the www entry from redirecting, can anyone help and advise?

Install version  = 4.7.17 (blank)