[TYPO3-install] Blank Page Shown when request installation tool

elim qiu elim at elinkage.net
Mon Feb 10 22:15:04 CET 2014

I'm trying to install introductionpackage-6.1.7.tar.gz to Ubuntu 13.10 laptop.

When put the uncompressed pkg to the websert document root and let browser point to

.. /typo3/install/index.php?mode=123&step=1&password=joh316

A pate is shown asking for putting a file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL into typo3conf/

After I did that and refresh the browser, a blank page (with empty html src) shown and no way to go further.

I checked the typo3 system requirements, made all necessary preparations before the installation, so what I should check and try?

Thank you very much for the help!

BTW,  just for a simple testing of the system, i installed mybb, worked fine.