[TYPO3-install] can't navigate through website

Florian Drescher.Florian at gmx.de
Sun Mar 10 11:53:34 CET 2013

Hi

I am having a small problem with typo3, maybe it would be better placed inside the linux forum, will give it a shot here.

I was trying to play around with typo3 as I have worked with a live version but never installed one.

This is the current setup, Virtual Machine Ubuntu Server 10.04 32bit running on Virtual Box (network settings bridged to my wlan,  IP address within the subnet of the notebook). To make things easy I've installed the LAMP package and downloaded the introduction Typo3 4.5 package.

Everything installed as intended and the introduction page shows up as well, fully functioning backend. Now the problem is when I am clicking on a link within the page the server does not respond, it seems that the name resolution or something that runs within typo isnt working out quiet right.

For example clicking on features this is the link it refers to: http://server/features/ it does not open but going through the backend either the view option within it displays everything alright or using the direct site ID within the client browser works fine as well http://server/index.php?id=57

It's probably something silly and I am making a fool of myself asking here but if anyone knows what is the cause I would be grateful to know.

Have a nice weekend and thanks in advance
Flo