[TYPO3-install] php memory limit - 122880 bytes exhaust 33554432 bytes?

Jack jackramshaw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 03:45:13 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am setting up a Typo3 CMS using heliohost. The php memory limit is set at 32mb and I do not think I can adjust it.
After installing Typo3 (6.1), when I attempt to create a page I receive the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in/home/jaramsh/public_html/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Database/ReferenceIndex.phpon line 646

or similar. It looks like an allocation request of 122880 bytes is (somehow?) exhausting the limit of 33554432 bytes. I contacted heliohost support and they recommend I post here.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

The host is running , PHP 5.3.1, MySQL 5.0.51a,

I noticed heliohost has disabled the following in PHP:

dBase
A library for interfacing PHP for dBase-format databases. dBase databases aren't very popular, so again we don't see a need for this extension. Let us know if you want it.

MM
We're not really sure what's up with this extension. Supposed to simplify memory sharing between different PHP processes, but we can't see the advantage in that.

SNMP
Allows PHP to manage and monitor network usage. No clue how this would be any use to a free hosting customer, but again: let us know if you want it.

WDDX
Allow inter-platform web application communication. Never really heard about anybody that uses it. Let us know if you want it.

I'm new to web development, so I don't know if any of that is important, but I thought I'd include it. Thanks for your time.