[TYPO3-install] 123 install no connection to the database. (solved)

Chris Miner chris_miner at me.com
Sun Aug 14 08:09:59 CEST 2011

Am 11.08.2011 um 19:25 schrieb Philipp Gampe:

> That is why you should try with PhpMyAdmin. Maybe your PHP is not set up
> correctly.
> I can not much help you with that, because the defaults always worked for me
> ;)
>
> You could try to look up php->mysql in PHP documentation and do the connect
> in a test script:
>
> <?php
> /** @see http://php.net/manual/de/function.mysql-connect.php */
> $test = mysql_connect('localhost:3306', 'root', 'password');
> ?>

I didn't install phpMyAdmin, but did in the end try the simple connect
examples from the the mysql connect docs.  Although the example
you provide here works fine, the local file based socket example didn't.
Php was configured by default to use a different default local socket (file)
to communicate with mysql than the one mysql was using.  Thanks for
the nudge in the right direction.  My typo3 set up seems to now work
with my existing php, mysql, and apache pieces.