[TYPO3-install] Root access to database

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Feb 12 22:17:53 CET 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Maurice van Peursem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sure this question has come up before, but I couldn't find the
> answer. Why does typo3 need root access to the MySQL server? Any
> other CMS I know just needs a database name, a database user and
> password. Is it possible to enter these parameters on a typo3
> installation, and how do I do that?

Maurice,

it only needs it in the install tool if you want to let it create a DB:
You can also give it a existing DB and a username/password,
so you don't need root access.

If you skip teh 123 mode, then you can fill in this info.

			regards, Ries van Twisk

- Join us on #TYPO3 on freenode | irc://chat.freenode.net/#typo3

tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk