[TYPO3-install] Development Environment for mac

Paul Sture paul.nospam at sture.ch
Fri Feb 12 20:16:48 CET 2010

In article <mailman.1.1265187302.20236.typo3-install at lists.typo3.org>,
 Daniel Huf <dhuf at cross-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using XAMPP, because I like the easy way to use it.
> Unfortunately I don't have any graphicsmagick or imagemagick...
>
> So I'm still looking for the perfect solution.
>
> Hans Peter Maier wrote:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > i switched to mac. I'am searching for a development environment for typo3.
> > I know there are a lot of packets like mamp, xampp,entropy.ch or the own
> > apple apache.
> >
> > Please tell me how you work with typo3 on a mac.

I got ImageMagick using MacPorts. This does require you to have Xcode
installed. If you have an Intel Mac and Snow Leopard, there are binaries
available at

<http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#macosx%3Eimagemagi
ck.org>

Macports is available for download at

<http://www.macports.org/>

Using MacPorts the installation took about 2.5 hours on my 1.5 GHz PPC
PowerBook. Patience is the key here because there are a lot of packages
that ImageMagick depends on.

--
Paul Sture