[TYPO3-install] Typo 3 - New Problems on a Fresh Install

Chris Jensen chris.jensen at usask.ca
Wed Jun 3 01:51:49 CEST 2009

Hello again,

I've now run into a new (and very peculiar) issue with my Typo3 install.

After having some problems with mod_PHP (in particular with permission
issues), the site admin and I decided to switch over to fastCGI. At
first, this seemed to resolve many of the problems that I discussed in
my previous message. However, once we finished the install (using the
1-2-3 Tool and going through the advanced configuration), we were unable
to login to the backed administration page using the default user. Even
after creating new users (via page 2 of the install tool), we were still
prevented from logging in, receiving a "Your login attempt did not
succeed error."

Note: we did do a SQL query and the be_users table is updating
correctly. This problem is exactly the same as the one described here:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4003, but none of the fixes suggested
there worked.

We are running on a Plesk 9 server, with Typo3 installed in a subdomain.

I'm really perplexed by this. Does anyone have any ideas?

-Chris Jensen