[TYPO3-install] Using Mysql5 in MYSQL40 mode without changing sql-mode in my.ini

Franz mAIER orgler at yahoo.de
Wed May 28 20:42:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

We're trying to install Typo3 on Mysql 5 and PHP 5. This causes some troubles because we normally use Mysql in strict Mode. This prevents me from logging in to the BE, and creating new pages and so on.
Google brought up that setting sql-mode="MYSQL40" would solve the problem. This really worked, but it's no real solution, because our other Applications using the mysql-Database prefer strict-mode...
Is there a way to set the mysql sql-mode to 'MYSQL40' without setting it globally in my.ini?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards
Johannes