[TYPO3-install] Installing TYPO3 4.1.1 Problem

Joshua Parker support at typo3.us
Fri May 11 01:21:21 CEST 2007

Good evening.  I am not new to typo3 but I am still considered a newb.  I have been trying to install and configure version 4.1.1.  When I go to start the install, the following message appears:

"The Install Tool is locked.

Fix: Create a file typo3conf/ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL
This file may simply be empty.

For security reasons, it is highly recommended to rename
or delete the file after the operation is finished."

I did what it asked and chmod the new directory to 777 and still nothing.  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.