[TYPO3-install] Unable to login to BE after install - TYPO3 v4.0.4 - Help

Christo Romberg coromberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 23:39:21 CET 2007

Hello!
After I've installed TYPO3 using the source and dummy packages,
everything looks promising.
But when I try to login to the backend (BE), the following error message
occur:

"Your login attempt did not succeed. Make sure to spell your username
and password correctly, including upper/lowercase characters."

Here's what I have:

- CAUSE1: Wrong username or password. CHECKED. I've created several
admin users in Database Analyzer in the TYPO3 Install Tool, but the
error remains.

- CAUSE2: The be_users table remains empty after "Create "admin" user".
CHECKED. It remained empty! So, I created a few new users in be_users
table with phpMyAdmin v2.9.1.1 and tried to login with those, but the
problem still remains.

- CAUSE3: register_globals=on ? CHECKED. The parameter in the php.ini
file is by default set to OFF, which is in my case the correct one.

- CAUSE4: Cookies needs to be enabled. CHECKED. Cookies ARE enabled in
my browser (FireFox v2.0.0.1)

- CAUSE5: Some suggests that the problem is with session management,
since $_SESSION['login_challenge'] is empty.
(ttp://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3056) I haven't dug deeper into this..

I've searched the mailing-lists, and googled the problem, but no
definite solution have been found.

Main and related software versions:
- TYPO3 v4.0.4
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Apache HTTP Server v2.2.3
- PHP v5.1.6
- MySQL v5.0.27
- ImageMagick v6.3.0_Q16,
- FreeType v2.1.10

If anyone has ANY ideas, please post them.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Christo