[TYPO3-install] Can't import extensions

samv at netspace.net.au samv at netspace.net.au
Tue Jan 2 08:46:35 CET 2007

I can't get Typo3 to list extensions from the TER. When I click "Retrieve/
Update" Typo3 seems to download a fresh list of extensions. Indeed there is
download network activity and Typo3 reports "The extensions list has been
updated and now contains 2102 extension entries." When I click "Look up" button
with nothing in the text field no extensions are listed "No matching extensions
found".

The problem is occurring on a development computer (ie not a 'production'
computer). I'm running Mac OS 10.4.8 client, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0.27. I'm getting
the same problem using Typo3 version 4.0.4 and Typo3 version 4.1beta2. I've
tried modifying php.ini to increase PHP memory from 16MB to 32MB and 64MB. I've
tried "Enable extensions without review (basic security check)" and ticking
"Show obsolete". The problem persists. I've also tried relaxing the file/folder
permisissions on the typo3_src directory content (read&write to everyone).

I can import AND list extensions on my production web server (Mac OS 10.4.6
Server, Typo3 version 4.0.2).

I see this problem is mentioned in several forums. It seems to be quite a common
problem. Yet there doesn't seem to be a clear solution. This is very
frustrating. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Sam Venning
Melbourne, Australia