[TYPO3-install] Fatal Error problems (extension key "sv" not loaded)

Tor de Vries hey at tordevries.com
Fri Aug 10 17:50:29 CEST 2007

Hello all... I am trying to install Typo3 v4.1.2 (with dummy site)
onto my server.  I've copied up the files and chmod'd the directories/
files to 755 as directed in the installation file (I used FTP to
chmod because I don't have CLI access on this host).  Unfortunately I
keep getting this error:

TYPO3 Fatal Error: Extension key "sv" was NOT loaded!
(t3lib_extMgm::extPath)

I have searched online for examples of this specific error.  Google
shows it mentioned on various non-English sites in reference to
v3.8.0, but not v4 (and Google's attempts at translating German,
French, or Austrian are pretty lousy).  It's also mentioned in bug
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3365 but appears to be unresolved,
and none of the suggestions listed there have made a difference.  The
search function on this mailing list's web site doesn't return
anything useful, nor did a manual comb through the last year's worth
of posts.

Typo3 v3.8.x worked fine on this server previously (as recently as
two days ago).  This v4 install is not an upgrade, however, nor is it
being installed as an overwrite of the old version; this is being
installed as a fresh copy in a new directory.

Any suggestions?  I can't even get an installation page, or anything
else.  Just this error.

Thanks in advance.

- tdv