[TYPO3-install] Typo3 4.0.1 doesn't recognise my DB (while 3.8.1 does)

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Wed Sep 6 09:51:10 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I tried to install the testsite (3.8.1) of Typo3 and succeeded quite
easily. Then I erased the testsite and installed the source and dummy
of 4.0.1, but it didn't recognise my database. I tried to enter the
database username and password several times and I am positive that
these were correct, but each time I had a 'login incorrect' message.
I erased all the files and re-installed the testsite again and
entered exactly the same username and password, and it worked like a
breeze.

I couldn't find important differences between the 'INSTALL.txt' files
of both versions, so I haven't got a clue why 4.0.1 doesn't take me
to step 2 of the 1-2-3 configuration...

Hope someone can help me.

Terry