[TYPO3-install] Newbie: I think typo3 is installed !!!! waAahooOO

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 14 10:21:54 CET 2006

Hi Kenneth,

> 1) exec() is disable on my ISP and no ImageMagik.

Ask your ISP if they support TYPO3. Maybe they will adjust the settings for
you. Otherwise, consider switching to another one.

> 2) Memory Limit
> memory_limit=16M

This will most likely prevent you from using the extension manager. There is
a setting in the install tool where you can _eventually_ override this
setting (setMemoryLimit), but it depends if the ISP allows this or not
(surprisingly, some do).

> 3) Sendmail program not found or not executable?
> sendmail_path=/usr/sbin/sendmail_r -t -i -fwebmaster at seashores.ch
> This may be critical to TYPO3's use of the mail() function. Please be
> sure that the mail() function in your php-installation works!

This is just a consequence of using disable_functions. Should still work.

> When I test with t3lib_htmlmail, I get the message :
> 0 message sent, BUT I DO get the message !!! (wierd)

I think you understood the output wrong. It is printed using the
t3lib_div::debug() function which numbers all lines inside of the output
array. So in your case, this is line 0 indicating that the message was
sent. All fine! :-)

Have fun!
- michael
--