[Typo3-install] Installation issue

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon May 15 22:31:03 CEST 2006

Mariano Sokal wrote:

>It worked :)
>
>Thanks... so many time using mambo/joomla I got very used to it... but this one works differently.
>
>It does appear the template option, but I see no templates... I guess there should be a default template, right?

Typo3 doesn't supply with templates, rather you need to make your own
template, really easy, trust me.
If you are new I would advice you to read and install templavoila.

So, typo3 doesn supply Template where you can 'activate' some template
and everything works out of the box.
The dis-advantage is that you can't install typo3 and have it up and
running in 4 hours. However,
you have total freedom of how you site looks like, I mean totally!

This site... yet to be developed : http://metamorf.mine.nu:8048/ has a
nice graphical menu with on-hover.
That left menu is NOT build with photoshop, rather it's build with
GIFBUILDER (A system in typo3).
Menu items are create on the fly when needed. The text, sailing around
the world is also based on GIFLBUILDER
yet it takes the content from a header and creates a nice header for me.

You can make all crazy stuff with typo3 as you can see.
This is my site :http://www.rvantwisk.nl/

Take a look at this :
http://www.rvantwisk.nl/typo3-snippets/typoscript-object-tags.html?no_cache=1
You can even use GIFBUILDER object IN your RTE text.

There is much more you can do ofcourse...
Have fun with typo3 :)

Ries

Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer