[Typo3-install] Installing typo3 for first time

Menno Alkemade malkemad at sapienzaconsulting.com
Mon Jul 24 09:20:52 CEST 2006

Hi Devraj

I'm able to start the 123 install tool, but it gives me warnings about
settings in php.ini that are not there, it also gives me warnings about image
magick not being installed, but it is, and i can't seen to connect the a
(oracle) database on a diffrent server. I've not been able to find a log file
that tells me what exactly is going wrong (not being able to find files etc).
I installed the latest typo3 and the dummy package and it seems to work (the
install tool that is... )

Menno

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:31:33 +1000, Devraj Mukherjee wrote
> Hi Menno,
>
> I am not sure PHP 5 will help. What exactly is happening?
>
> On 7/18/06, Menno Alkemade <malkemad at sapienzaconsulting.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Compiled and installed php-5.1.4 with gd support, bit still no luck, i can't
> > see what is going wrong. i've copied the php.ini to /etc and changed the
> > upload_max_filesize=2M and checked safe_mode = off, but these setting aren't
> > detected by the 123 install tool.
> >
> > Menno
> >

> > On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:27:46 +1000, Devraj Mukherjee wrote
> > > In your Apache configuration, enabe FollowSymLinks for the directory
> > > or the VirtuaHost. That may be one of your issues.
> > >
> > > What version of PHP are you using?
> > >
> > > Also ensure you have GD libraries compiled into PHP

> > --
> > Sapienza Consulting LTD

Sapienza Consulting LTD