[Typo3-install] Installing typo3 for first time

Menno Alkemade malkemad at sapienzaconsulting.com
Fri Jul 14 08:14:07 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm new to typo3 so please bare with me :)

I'm trying to install typo3 on a RHEL4 installation and i've come to the part
of the 123 install tool. But my browser gives me blank pages. When i point my
browser to the install directory i do get the 123 install tool. so i can log
in and try and setup the server. I've come to these problems :

1 - imagemagick is installed, but the tools says it's not. (tried pointing
directory to the installation

2 - php safe mode is off, but the tool says it's on.

3 - I'm trying to install using a oracle db on a diffrent host, but the tool
doesn't seem to connect. Documentation says typo3 supports oracle db's.

4 - Are there any logfiles from this tool, so i can realy see whats going on,
because now i don't know if the tool works at all ?

I hope someone on this list is able to steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Menno Alkemade