[Typo3-install] [ FTP Error 553] unable to install files with characters + or ?

matt dayton matt at ukstudentdiary.com
Sat Jul 8 13:13:22 CEST 2006

  I have Uploaded Typo3 4.0 and the dummy 4.0.  However, My webhosting service ( !Yahoo ) has restricted the use of special characters of file names.  This means I receive and FTP error  553 when attempting to upload files typo3/systext/cms/ext_tables_static+adt.sql   , and       typo3/systext/tsconfig_help/ext_tables_static+adt.sql. because of this error I am unable to upload these files.

  I suspect these files have something to do with my curent fault of not being able to utilize installed frontend plugins. I.E  Indexed Search, Google Adsense.

  What scripts would I need to rewrite if I wanted to change the filenames to something that I could upload to my web server ?