[Typo3-install] Safe mode off but on and ImageMagic strange problems...

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 28 10:39:51 CET 2006

Hi Cyprian,

> 1. Safe mode turned on (but it's... off):
> The info in Basic Configuration sections looks like:
> !Safe mode turned on
> safe_mode=off
> I have asked my ISP to turn off the safe_mode because I had had some
> problems with running TYPO3 (filesystem permissions and stuff).
> When he turned it off all the problems disappeared, yet TYPO3 says that
> safe_mode is on (maybe TYPO3 checks for global value?).

Seems like a bug, please check the bugtracker and submit a new issue if
nothing similar has been reported yet.

> 2. ImageMagic exists but... not:
> When I search for ImageMagic via Basic Configuration, TYPO3 finds it
> successfully:
> Check Image Magick:
> Available ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick installations:
> /usr/bin/     convert         5.5.6
> composite             5.5.6
> identify              5.5.6
> gif_capability        NONE
> So it exists (like my ISP says).
> I have got everything configured right (IM works on my local server with
> this configuration), yet Image Processing sections shows no IM:
> mageMagick path: /usr/bin/ ()
> ImageMagick path/LZW: /usr/bin/ ()
> and none of the image processing tests works (except of some depending
> only on GD)...

Sounds like you didn't submit the form on the first page.

> TYPO3 works, but I'd like find out why it behaves this way (especially why
> there is no IM).

Check if localconf.php has set this:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_path'] = ... (should point to /usr/bin in your
case).

> Maybe a clue would be that I have some disable_functions on this server:
> passthru, system, show_source, popen, pclose
> Installatin tool also says that 'Sendmail program not found or not
> executable', yet mail() works.
> PHP Version 4.4.1.

Again, consult the bugtracker.

- michael