[Typo3-install] Problem after disabling / deleting the user 'admin'

Jens Müller j1mueller at web.de
Tue Feb 14 13:28:21 CET 2006

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. After I have installed typo3(1), I logged
in with my own name and password created in the install tool. I deleted
the user 'admin', cleared the cache, and logged off to re login.

At re login I'd put my name and my password in the fields, and get the
message: 'Your login attempt did not succeed...'

It has cost me the whole morning to find out what lis going wrong. I
changed the password in phpMyAdmin - re tried, and finally I deleted the
complete typo3 directory, and completely re-installed everything.

  Now I'm standing again at that wall, doing the same as before (delete
and re-install), but now I'll alter the file 'database.sql' that the
user 'admin' wont be inserted in the DB, and put my name and password
into.

    1: System - Window$ XP (NTFS) Apache 2.0.55, mySQL 4.0.26, PHP 4.37

\\//_ live long and prosper
  jens mueller