[Typo3-install] Installation Problems

Jeff Houston jeffhouston at surry.net
Fri Oct 21 18:02:43 CEST 2005

I uploaded the Typo3 version 3.8 but I cannot get it to install. All I get is a blank screen that at first blinks a image up that seems to say something about a database error but it blinks so fast I don't have time to read it then the page just goes completely blank. I have poured over all the documents I can find on installing and I have tried everything I could find but I am getting nowhere with installing Typo3. I am almost ready to give up on this thing! I am not exactly a newbie I have installed and run several other CMS's including Mambo and others. I have always been able to figure out how to install the others but not this one. Can anyone help me?