[Typo3-install] Can I install typo3 into a subdirectory

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Fri Dec 9 15:04:28 CET 2005

Yes you can. However, you need to remember that you always have to add
this subdirectory name to the path names in tutorials. For example, a
typical install/configure tutorial would tell you to open

/typo3/install

, you would need to translate that to

/kurtstypodirectory/typo3/install

It will work without modifications out of the box, although you might
have to adjust your mod_rewrite options later on if you decide to use
RealURL or SimulateStatic.

On 12/9/05, Kurt Krueckeberg <kurtk at pobox.com> wrote:
> Can I install typo3 into a subdirectory, or must I install in public_html?
>
> thanks,
> Kurt

Dimitri Tarassenko