[TYPO3-GSoC] Re: Status Update: BuilderFoundation & TemplateBuilder

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 02:51:28 CEST 2013

Update: 16 September 2013

ⓘ GSoC pencils down is today.
ⓘ Pencils down commit:
- http://bit.ly/187FhNj for Cognifire.Blob
- http://bit.ly/1gqmHCT for Cognifire.BuilderFoundation

☠ School started Sept 03, and there has been a lot of reading to do.
♫ My second prototype is ready for feedback on the api.
♫/✔ The examples in this gist will work with BlobQuery from Cognifire.Blob
- http://bit.ly/blobQueryGist

✔/☠ After reading the phpunit manual, I kept running into issue after issue trying to write unit tests.
- Next time I try to do Unit tests on this stuff, I need to figure out how to use VFSStream, because a lot of what I'm doing is working with files.
✔ Instead of writing tests that PHPUnit runs, I'm using CLI commands to test things as I write the software.
- This was a big thing, because I wasn't sure how to write/test a library, since I didn't have an obvious way to output debug information.
- Eventually, my CLI commands should be converted and expanded into PHPUnit tests.

ⓘ After running into issues getting anything working in Cognifire.BuilderFoundation (with PHPUnit or with CLI), I just started fresh with Cognifire.Blob. That way I could make sure everything works after each step of development, whereas before, my coding was more of a cognitive exercise since I wasn't sure how to test what I was writing. The term "Blob" may or may not be abandoned. But it works for now.
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.Blob

➜ "Pencils down" may be today, but keep working anyway whenever I can.
➜ Get feedback on the API so far
➜ Continue working on the "Preset" concept that I'm borrowing from TYPO3.Form.
➜ Work on blob-editing features (the templateBuilder needs to use QueryPath via FlowQuery)

➜ I'm hoping to attend the Neos codesprint in frankfurt at the beginning of October.

ⓘ If anyone is going to T3CON in Stuttgart, be sure to check out Jesse Stay's talk. He understands the social media landscape, and has an awesome vision for integrating websites with social media. He's also a friend of mine (I did an internship under his awhile ago.)

~~~
Legend:

✔ done
➜ next steps