[TYPO3-GSoC] Introducing myself

Andreas Wolf typo3ml at andreaswolf.info
Fri May 27 20:04:34 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

Am 27.05.2011 16:52, schrieb Nicolas Forgerit:
> My name is Nicolas Forgerit. I'm 23 years old and i'm currently
> enrolled at KIT

oh. Another student here from Karlsruhe. Great! :-)

> (former "Uni Karlsruhe", but they decided going on with fancy names
> instead of proper education).

LOL :-)

Just drop me a mail, maybe we can meet next week on campus to chat a bit.

> During the GSoC11 i want to help closing the gap between TYPO3v4 and
> v5 by introducing a tool (better said: several tools) which translates
> v4 content into F3 Repository-capable data which can then be used by
> the TYPO3v5 module. This will be done with XSL Transformations and is
> (hopefully) flexible enough to resist the further evolution of TYPO3.

Maybe there's also some overlap to my project, which is about
integrating Semantic Ontologies into TYPO3. This involves generating
domain models out of them - or, more generally speaking, using the
information provided by Ontologies to generate new record types. This
will be integrated into the Extension Builder. I also strive for
generating the UI (TCEforms) out of the semantic data model.
The long-term goal is to ease reuse of existing content models, esp. the
well thought-off models from an Ontology, and to allow decoupling
content models from frontend plugins.

Oh, and some words about myself: I'm 24 years old, enrolled to
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at the University of
Karlsruhe (KIT). I work with TYPO3 since 2003, being active in Core
hacking since around 2006. Since March 2011 I'm part of the core team
v4, currently working - besides GSoC - on the refactoring of TCEforms
and on the File Abstraction Layer (FAL).

Cheers
Andreas