[TYPO3-GSoC] GSoC Project

harsh gidra gidraharsh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:43:54 CET 2011

Hi,
I am Harsh Gidra, a UG student from India. I am currently pursuing Bachelor
of Technology (B.Tech.) in Information Technology from Malaviya National
Institute of Technology Jaipur, India [1] and will graduate in May 2011.

I am well versed with HTML, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, jQuery and CakePHP (MVC
Paradigm) and have a deep interest in Web Development. I have completed a
number of web-based projects using Open Source technologies. I was also
associated with an Open Source organization (Limesurvey) last year [2]. It
involved PHP programming skills. Here is my complete resume [3].

I am interested in applying for Typo3 in GSoC 2011. I would like to
contribute to "User Administration Module" as mentioned in [4]. I have gone
through the "User Manager" module in Joomla and am doing the same in Drupal.
The user manager in Joomla is very user-friendly and handles the
groups/users in an efficient manner. The site admin can view the Users, User
Groups, Access Levels in a proper fashion. I will post a rough draft of
'Porting the existing front-end user/group handling from the List Module
(WEB) and the Backend User Administration from the User Admin (ADMIN TOOLS)
to a centralized User Administration Module' very soon. I am still not sure
whether the approach is correct.

--
[1].
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaviya_National_Institute_of_Technology_Jaipur