[TYPO3-german] FLUX, FCE and maxImageWidth

Christian Tauscher christian.tauscher at media-distillery.de
Mon Mar 3 17:23:28 CET 2014

Hello again.

Im building some FCE-Elements. They are very Fixed, but the layout may
change throug the layout-field of the CE.

Width TemplaVoila I could define in the TemplateObject the
maxImageWidth, depending on the Layout field.

Width fluid/FLUX I need a helping TypoScript and the v:switch

    <v:switch value="{layout}">
      <v:case case="1" break="TRUE">
        <f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.contentGet.350" />
      </v:case>
      <v:case case="2" break="TRUE">
        <f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.contentGet.750" />
      </v:case>
      <v:case case="default">
        <f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.contentGet.550" />
      </v:case>
    </v:switch>

    <flux:flexform.renderContent area="column1" />

     <f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.RESTORE_REGISTER" />
...more columns to be defined...

lib.contentGet.xxx = LOAD_REGISTER
lib.contentGet.xxx.maxImageWidth = xxx
... more sizes defined here
lib.RESTORE_REGISTER = RESTORE_REGISTER

This works great, the Editor never has to care about the real ImageWith
in the column he wants to use. Simply drag and drop around and always
have correct rendered Images.
(its not like the so modern responsive attempt: allway reder with the
max possible/thinkable with and let the browser do the rest -> this is
nonens btw...)

Finally my Question: Can this be done more simple?
Some TS-Load_Resister-inline-viewhelper that saves me the TypoScript???
What ever.

I'd like to keep things together.

width fluid everything is ... so bloated, so tattered, so splitted
I don't really like this.

Thank you for helping me my way into the secrets of fluid,

Christian.