[TYPO3-german] Problem mit wec_discussion

Widmann, Manfred mpunktw at gmx.net
Thu Jan 24 19:50:14 CET 2008

"Widmann, Manfred" <mpunktw at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201200208.7074.typo3-german at lists.netfielders.de...

> "Widmann, Manfred" <mpunktw at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1201022320.31926.typo3-german at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi!
>>
>> Jetzt hab' ich mein Blog, das ich mit der wec_discussion erstellt habe,
>> zum ersten Mal im IE7 getestet und der meldet in einem PopUp in der Zeile
>> 1 und bei Zeichen 41 den Fehler "')' erwartet" ... im FF läuft alles
>> bestens - was mag das sein? Passiert nur auf der Seite, in der das Plugin
>> eingefügt ist! Ein Fehler in dem javascript? Nur wo?
>>
>> Selbstverständlich habe ich auf 1/41 nachgesehen, da ist aber das
>> DOCTYPE - das hat ja nichts damit zu tun!
>>
>> lg
>> Manfred
>
> Dave Slayback answered by EMail:
> Hi,
>
> Your likely problem is that there is a bug in the CSS with something
> called expression(). This is only understood by IE. To fix it, all you
> need to do is change the totalMaxWidth constant to 700 (not 700px). You
> can set this in the Templates->Constant Editor->wec_discussion_pi1.
>
> This will be fixed in the next version which should release in the next
> week or two.
>
> -Dave
> www.WebEmpoweredChurch.org

What I found out is that I had to change two things:
- I had to set the constant plugin.tx_wecdiscussion_pi1.totalMaxWidth = 500
(in TS Template > Constants)
- and as I copied the CSS into a separate file and adopted it to my needs I
had to change the width-expression to a fixed width:
.tx-wecdiscussion-page {
  float: left;
  width: 100%;
  max-width: 700px;
  min-width: 350px;
  width: 500px;
  /*width: expression( document.body.clientWidth > 700px ? 700px +"px" :
document.body.clientWidth);*/
  margin: 0px;
  padding: 0px;
}