[TYPO3-german] some basic statements about wiki.typo3-org - baldiger Handlungsbedarf gegeben

RDE / Redlich gr2 at ipw.net
Wed Aug 27 18:04:37 CEST 2008

diese mail ging auch an
TYPO3 Documentation project <typo3-project-documentation at lists.netfielders.de>

August 2008 - experience with the typo3 wiki

Hi to all wiki Workaholics and typo3 programmers

I know about the great potential of a wiki (or knowledge database),
and for that reason I did try to get familiar with the typo3 wiki
to gain some help for my problems and to add my current experiences
to help others too.

after some (better: many) wasted nightly hours, I did give up !

1. the current usability of the typo3 wiki is terrible
     (I did setup a wiki 4 years ago, it seems that nothing has changed since that time)
2. the main menu has to be changed / updated / styled to internet standards
3. the overview of topics specially for the German part is crowded
4. the search-function is a mess
     within a search I got 28 answers, but in non (zero) answer,
     my topic was found, terrible
5. for stressed programmers, the pages width is a lot to wide, must be much smaller (shorter)
6. much old and !!! wrong articles are not cleared or updated !!!!!
     wasting too much of my life-time, this is not better than google,
7. each article must (absolutely must) have its creation and !! last update date on top
     to separate old worthless junk from current information.
8. the wiki is really slow ?? 15 sec for response ?? (with DSL 16.000) wasting time too ....
9. I didnt easyly find the topic or link, to create a new page ???? what's that ??

10. conclusion:
     Currently the wiki is a really small help only, with that level of quality
     nobody is motivated to add the current help/tips and tricks from his individual
     personal blogs into the generic typo3 wiki, it is not comfotably.

We are using one of the finest CMS on the world
and our absolutely needed wiki is a poor playground ???

Who and where are the makers of the wiki and how can we talk together,
to expand the team and setup or establish a reference wiki for our community ?

was können wir tun, wer macht mit, wer macht was ???????????????????????????????

--

kind regards
Dipl.Ing.Gert Redlich / Wiesbaden / Germany