[TYPO3-english] widget.paginate works not as expected

Christian Tauscher christian.tauscher at media-distillery.de
Thu Feb 13 16:16:27 CET 2020

Hello!

In my extention-Template I use

<f:widget.paginate objects="{images}" as="paginatedImages">

in my controller:

$images = $this->myRepository->getAll();
...assign to images....

so the widget renders as Expected, mutliple pages.
10 Images per Page, page numbers as expected.

if I change to this:

Controller:
$images = $this->myRepository->findByCategories("1,2,5");

public function findByCategories($categories) {
  $query = $this->createQuery();
  $result = $query->statement(
    'SELECT * FROM
       sys_category, sys_category_record_mm, tx_my_domain_model_image
     WHERE sys_category.uid = sys_category_record_mm.uid_local
     AND tx_art_domain_model_image.uid =
         sys_category_record_mm.uid_foreign
     AND tablenames = "tx_my_domain_model_image"
     AND sys_category.uid in ('.$categories.')'
   );
   return $query->execute();
}

The records are OK (Only of the selected categories), but the
widget.paginate fails:

Only ONE page is rendered with all the results. The pages(-Browser) are
redered right if I assume the default items pP is 10.

Maybe a different Object type is returned:
I compared the <f:debug>{images.0}</f:debug> of the the two variants:
The returned array of the images are identical.

But somehow/where the countAll() Result is getting lost.

Any help in this issue is welcome!

Thank you in advance,

Christian.