[TYPO3-english] Powermail Signal Slots

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Mon Oct 15 20:39:27 CEST 2018

Hi!

On 10/1/18 6:08 PM, Manfred Mirsch wrote:

> I then implemented two signal slots, where the number of stored emails
> for the certain page is compared with the given value enterd inside the
> flexform. If the maximum nuber is reached a http redirect will be done
> instead of rendering the form.

You are talking about the backend form? If you want to have some
constraints upon the values entered in a backend-form I would suggest
utilizing the "processDatamap_*" hooks in
"TYPO3\CMS\Core\DataHandling\DataHandler"

AFAIK there were deliberately no single hook calls for each field
because of performance considerations.

If you only want to display the field depending on some conditions you
could use "displayCond":
https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Columns/Index.html#displaycond

greetings,
Bernhard