[TYPO3-english] Powermail Signal Slots

Manfred Mirsch mmirsch at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:08:26 CEST 2018

Hi,
I wrote a little extension for providing a function our customers were
asking for.

We have registration forms with a maximum number of applicants.
To implement this, I extended powermail flexform to enter the maximum
number, whis worked fine.

I then implemented two signal slots, where the number of stored emails
for the certain page is compared with the given value enterd inside the
flexform. If the maximum nuber is reached a http redirect will be done
instead of rendering the form.

The only problem I have is, where to get the flexform-settings inside my
single-slot controller.
The second aragument, which contains the FormController from powermail
has no method to deliver the protected variable "settings".

Anyone has a clue, how to manage this?

As a dirty hack, I implemented a MyFormController class, that extends
FormController and implements a getter function for the settings.

Thanks,
Manfred Mirsch

Dipl.-Inform. Manfred Mirsch (Webmaster)
Hochschule Esslingen - University of Applied Sciences
Kanalstrasse 33 / D-73728 Esslingen
Tel. +49 (0)711 397-3166
E-Mail: Manfred.Mirsch at hs-esslingen.de