[TYPO3-english] No module "web_layout" could be found

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Tue Oct 24 20:24:23 CEST 2017

I am trying to update my website from TYPO3 6.2 to TYPO3 7.6 doing all steps with upgrading the website. However, after upgrade I get the message "No module "web_layout" could be found" when clicking on a page in the backend. Anyone who could give a tip where to look for the problem? I have tried upgrading several times with the same result. It seems impossible to upgrade from TYPO3 6.2 to TYPO3 7.6
I am using the following:
Webserver Apache
PHP versjon  5.5.38
Database       5.6.37
Operativ system Linux 2.6.32-773.26.1.lve1.4.35.1l6.x86_64
Regareds,
Gunnar Jonsosn