[TYPO3-english] RealURL spaceCharacter

Graham Knight graham.knight5 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 10:06:42 CEST 2017

Dear All,

In case anyone runs into the same problem I found a solution via Stack Overflow and thanks to Heinz Schilling.

1. The pagePath/spaceCharacter feature is still present though deprecated and undocumented.
2. The "Extension Manual" link on the TYPO3 repository page for realURL v2.2.1 points to documentation for v1.13.7 - this misled me. The link to "External Manual" is correct.
3. Despite setting the spaceCharacter to underscore hyphens still appeared until I truncated all the realURL tables. Clearing the caches via the TYPO3 backed, the install tool and the realURL backend module did not do the job.

Graham