[TYPO3-english] indexed_search ordering section does not work (defaultFreeIndexUidList)

Braulio J. Solano-Rojas braulio at solsoft.biz
Wed May 17 23:01:45 CEST 2017

Hi,

El 25/01/2017 a las 11:18 a.m., Muriel le Pair escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm struggeling with indexed_search in TYPO3 6.2
>
> I'm trying to order the search results so that the news articles are
> shown last.
>
> According to the manual it should be possible to order the search
> results into sections combine different sections together.
>
> https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/indexed_search/6.2/IndexingConfigurations/Grouping/Index.html
>

> I have been experimenting all day, but can't get it to work.
>
> The structure of the site is basic as follows:
>
> root
> -- section 1 (1900)
> -- section 2 (1901)
>
> So it I understaind it correctly the code below should put 1901 above
> 1900, but it doesn't. It seems to have no effect as well.
>
> plugin.tx_indexedsearch {
>
>   search {
>
>     # setup sections
>     defaultFreeIndexUidList = 0,1901,1900
>
>   }
>
>   blind {
>
>     freeIndexUid = 0
>   }
> }
>
> Again according to the manual
> (https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/indexed_search/6.2/IndexingConfigurations/Grouping/Index.html)
> It should be possible to combine diffrent sections and output them as 1.
>
> I tried to configure it as shown in the manual, but again it does not work.
>
> Does anybody know how to get it working?

Are you using the fluid frontend plugin version?  I had the same issue
with TYPO3 7 and found out that they have changed the Typoscript to be
more "extbase" conventional to something like:

plugin.tx_indexedsearch {

   settings {

     defaultFreeIndexUidList = 1,2,3,4,5

     # Blinding of option-selectors / values in these (advanced search)
     blind {
       freeIndexUid = 0
     }

   }

}

Notice the "settings" in Typoscript.  ;-)

I don't really know if that is the case in TYPO3 6, but I hope it helps.

Bests,

B.