[TYPO3-english] Re: How to set TYPO3-SITE-URL...

Norbert Brinkhof norbert.brinkhof at ec.europa.eu
Thu May 11 14:57:38 CEST 2017

Hi,

It is related to my other topic regarding putting a website behind a reverse proxy and using https.

The problem is the following:

we have a website behind a reverse proxy and with https. Calling https: //websitename I get the first page which
includes a login (FElogin). The source of the first page shows the inclusion of javascript that defines the
variable TYPO3RsaEncryptionPublicKeyUrl. The value of this variable refers to the websitename but in http.

Looking in the Typo3 source, I found that this variable is set with the result of the call GeneralUtility::getIndpEnv('TYPO3_SITE_URL').
Apparently this call returns http: //websitename instead of the required https: //websitename.

Basically, a call to https: //websitename always results in http: //websitename, which the reverse proxy does not accept.

Norbert