[TYPO3-english] Calculated absolute path to typo3/sysext directory does not exist.

Michael Schams typo3 at 2017.schams.net
Thu Mar 23 02:10:23 CET 2017

Hi Mikael,

On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 15:09 +0100, Mikael Nazarenko wrote:

> I have installed typo3 version 7.6.16 after that I installed
> templavoila version 2.0.4

I am not quite sure if the issue is really related to templavoila. The
error occurs, if something with your TYPO3 setup is wrong, e.g.
symbolic links are missing or pointing to wrong destinations.

As a side note: as far as I know, templavoila version 2.0.4 does not
work with TYPO3 CMS 7.6.x properly (despite the fact, its compatibility
settings suggest, that this version works with TYPO3 7.0.0 - 7.9.99).

> Now I see follow error in back-end on page section:
> Calculated absolute path to typo3/sysext directory does not exist.
>
> Something in the main file, folder and link structure is wrong and
> must be fixed! A typical document root contains a couple of symbolic
> links:
[...]
> I looked this forum and other places. I saw somethink solves but it
> did not help me. I do not now how to fix this problem.

What I would do:

First, disable templavoila. Given the fact, you can not access the
backend (nor the Extension Manager in the backend), edit file
typo3conf/PackageStates.php manually and remove the following lines:

'templavoila' => [
  'composerName' => 'templavoila/templavoila',
  'state' => 'active',
  'packagePath' => 'typo3conf/ext/templavoila/',
  'suggestions' => [],
],

Can you access the backend now? If not, check the directories and
symbolic links. Assuming, you installed TYPO3 the "traditional way",
the structure should look like the following:

htdocs/index.php -> typo3_src/index.php
htdocs/typo3 -> typo3_src/typo3
htdocs/typo3_src -> ../typo3_src-7.6.16/
typo3_src-7.6.16/

The extracted TYPO3 core files should be located outside your
DocumentRoot (e.g. "htdocs"). Inside htdocs, you should see 3 symbolic
links. Make sure, they are pointing to the right destination as shown
above.

In addition to that, there are some directories such as fileadmin,
typo3conf, typo3temp and uploads.

Rather than the traditional way, you can also install TYPO3 using
"composer". In this case, the structure may look similar, but slightly
different.

The error message clearly says: "Something in the main file, folder and
link structure is wrong and must be fixed!" :-)

Depending on your individual setup, there is also a slight chance, that
your webserver has a file handle open, which points to a wrong place.
This can happen under Linux when you rename directories or files for
example. Reload or restart your webserver.

You find further details in the official TYPO3 CMS documentation. Check
out the "Installation and Upgrade Guide":

https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InstallationGuide/Index.html

HTH - Cheers
Michael