[TYPO3-english] YAG: Error while adding images

Daniel König stuff at daniel-koenig.com
Sat Mar 11 13:07:00 CET 2017

Hello,

I have a problem with the extension yag (version: 4.2.1, Typo3 7.6.16) adding images to an album: "Incorrect string value: '\xFF\xD8\xFF\xE0\x00\x10...' for column 'xmp' at row 1". It might has to do something with UTF-8 - however my databse is already UTF-8. Images are inserted into table tx_yag_domain_model_item. The problems seems to be in table tx_yag_domain_model_itemmeta.

I tried to disable the parsing of Meta-data (via Template: module.tx_yag.settings.importer.parseItemMeta = 0). This does not solve the problem, because I then get the following error: exception 'TYPO3\\CMS\\Extbase\\Persistence\\Generic\\Storage\\Exception\\SqlErrorException' with message 'Field 'exif' doesn't have a default value'.

Im really stuck here... has someone any ideas?

Thanks.